Planning Commission will meet Wednesday, July 10 at 5pm, at the Township Hall to work on the Master Plan.
Any attendance is welcome.
Planning Commission will meet Wednesday, September 4 at 5pm, at the Township Hall to discuss the Master Plan. Any attendance
Planning Commission will meet Wednesday, October 2 at 5 pm, at the Camp 5 Hall to discuss the Master Plan.
Any attendance is welcome.
The Zoning Board of
Appeals (annual organizational meeting in December and whenever necessary)
The Zoning Board of Appeals handles Ordinance disputes
Stu Creel, Chairperson,email@example.com 906/875-6328,
Planning Commission (meets 1st Wednesdays of the month at 5
Planning Commission handles the Ordinance and Land
Jackie Rosek, Chairperson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 906/875-3004
!!Attention Mastodon Township Residents and Property Owners!!
The Township Board would like to make sure all property owners and buyers have a clear understanding on zoning, building permits, and fees.
BEFORE you decide to BUILD, DIVIDE, EXPAND, REPLACE, BUY or SELL property in Mastodon Township,
BE SURE you are in COMPLIANCE with our LOCAL ZONING ORDINANCE.
1) Property owners are responsible for making sure all permits and fees are taken care of when doing construction. The contractor is NOT responsible. If the
contractor includes permits and fees in the bid, make sure you get copies of the permits and receipts for fees paid.
2) There are 6 zoning districts: Agricultural, Residential, Resort Residential, Industrial, Commercial, and Multiple Use Forest. Depending upon what you may want to
do on your property, each district has its own setbacks, limits, and rules. If you don't know what zone your property is, contact the Township Hall and we will help you.
Your zoning classification is different from your tax classification shown on your tax bill. Don't get confused by these 2 different
3) You need a Mastodon Township Zoning Compliance to be approved before obtaining an Iron County Building Permit. So call the Township for this before you start any
4) Permits, Fees and Penalties Schedule is on the back of the compliance sheet. You will also be responsible for any Special Meeting and Lawyer Costs.
5) If you are fined for a violation, and you want to discuss it, you must request a Special Meeting in writing to the Mastodon Township Legislative Board.
These issues WILL NOT be discussed at a regular monthly meeting.
6) Township Zoning Administrator is Jeff Seppala and can be reached at 906/875-6332
7) Zoning Book, Permits, Fees, and Fines Schedule, and revisions are available from the Township Hall (906/875-6232) or online at www. Mastodontownship.com